1. COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE
The Communications Associate is responsible for day-to-day operations of Beacon’s communications that supports marketing outreach and fundraising efforts through event support, design of collateral, and online presence. Working with the entirety of Beacon, the position supports engagement programs, events, and fundraising activities as well as the implementation of the organization’s communications strategy and practices. Priority consideration will be given to candidates who will:
- Oversee and implement communications strategy including bi-weekly e-newsletters and social media strategy.
- Work with program staff to collect content, capture the story of Beacon, and share the message to the broader community.
- Design and manage major publications in both print and online including the Community Handbook, Spring Celebration program, Symposium, and graduation materials.
- Create and produce invitations, thank you notes, signage for events, name tags, and annual appeal collateral.
- Partner with admissions, recruitment, college-to-career program, and Development to produce letterhead, business cards, and other marketing materials.
- Maintain and enhance an online presence that meets the needs of various audiences including prospective families, alumni, prospective donors, independent schools, colleges, and volunteers.
- Execute pre-event preparation, set up, and break down.
- Take photos at smaller events and document day-to-day activities of program with periodic photo shoots.
- Have creative ability, a positive outlook, an excellent work ethic, and a sense of humor.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of three references to Christen Hazel, Director of Development, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. MATH TEACHER AND FINANCIAL AID MANAGER
We are looking for an experienced teacher of mathematics to start in July 2020. Our mission is to prepare urban students for independent high schools in the New England area through an additional year of school between 8th and 9th grades. This work is not easy, and we are looking for a dedicated, hard-working, experienced, top-notch team player devoted to justice to join us. This position is full-time and will report to the Director of Studies.
This employee is responsible for planning and teaching two sections of Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, and/or Geometry to Beacon students, depending on student mastery and academic needs. This will include identifying areas of remediation, adjusting curriculum to meet student needs, and communicating with advisors and families about student progress. Additional responsibilities include managing weekly math tutors, overseeing the incoming and outgoing financial aid process, serving as the registrar, advising a small group of students, and supporting the day-to-day operations of the school in a variety of ways. Beacon Academy seeks teachers who are idealistic, energetic, hard-working, and filled with dedication and hope.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of three references to Anne-Marie Yu-Phelps, Director of Studies, at: email@example.com.