It is so worth it. Apply now.
Beacon takes chances on the kids we admit. We look at more than just those with the best test scores and the highest grades. With specially tailored assessment tools and interviewing techniques, we gauge each applicant’s ability and potential and then see past rough situations to the individual behind the circumstances and the zip code. The faculty seems able to decipher the personal attributes of grit, curiosity, conscientiousness, optimism and perseverance that indicate strength of character. It’s hard to quantify, but our skilled professionals have been in the education and social work worlds long enough to be able to tell who can make it in this demanding environment that requires straddling two worlds.
To begin receiving information regarding upcoming Beacon Academy Admission events, call/text us at 617-4-BEACON (617-423-2266) or fill out the Request Information form.
Thank you to everyone who has attended our Admissions Events throughout the year!
Applications for the Class of 2023 will open soon! Please continue reading to find our Fall 2021 Open House dates for the Class of 2023.
Upcoming [Virtual] Open House Dates:
Please check back soon to see our added Open House dates!
We will continue to monitor the coronavirus outbreak and adjust all future prospective student visits/on-campus Admissions Events as needed. Please check this page for regular updates and/or changes. Please email us if you would like to set up a phone/Zoom appointment. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Step 1: Click here to complete a “Request Information” form
Step 2: Complete application using either the Standard Application Online (SAO) or the Beacon Academy application site
- Student Profile
- Student Essays
- Recommendation Letters (English, Math, Principal/Guidance Counselor, Advisor)- The advisor can be any additional non-related adult (i.e. Coach, Mentor, person who recommended Beacon to you, etc.) that knows the student well.
- Test-blind: Beacon Academy will no longer require the SSAT as part of the application. Students are welcome to take the exam and submit, but is not required for review.
Visit ssat.org or applytobeacon.com by clicking either of the badges below:
2. Fill out the corresponding information; make sure to add “Beacon Academy” to your list of schools
1. Create your profile and complete your application!
Please note: On the SAO, you will be asked to submit payment before submitting the form. Contact Melody Rosas-Granda at email@example.com in order to receive your fee waiver and finishing submitting the application- NO APPLICANT SHOULD PAY THE SAO FEE.
Step 3: Financial Aid Application – Parent Financial Statement (PFS)
- Families will need to submit proof of income via submission of tax documentation and/or the Parent Financial Statement (directions below)
- Please visit the School & Student Service Website at https://www.solutionsbysss.com/
- Select “Website for Parents and Families”
- Click on “Login to Complete or Update your PFS”
- A new tab will open with 2 options:
- New User: Create a New Account
- Are you a returning family with an existing account?
- Choose Option 1 or 2 and fill out the corresponding information
- Make sure to select “Beacon Academy” in the school list in order to receive the information.
- When filling out the PFS, please have with you the relevant 2018 Tax Forms (W2, 1040, 1099, etc.) You will be required to upload these at the very end of the process.
- Please note: You will be asked to submit payment before submitting the form. Qualifying families will simply bypass all payment screens when the PFS is complete. Contact Melody Rosas-Granda at firstname.lastname@example.org if your family does not qualify to receive a fee waiver- NO APPLICANT SHOULD PAY THE PFS FEE. Once you have submitted the PFS, you will then be allowed to upload the required supplemental documents.
Step 4: Interview
The candidate’s application will be reviewed and may be asked to come in for an in-person or virtual interview with our Admissions Committee.
First-Round Applications: January 15, 2022
Rolling Admissions Applications: beginning March 2022 through early June 2022
Applications for 2022-2023: will open August/September 2021
We are aware there may be delays in the acquisition of application materials from schools, teachers, or administrators due to COVID-19. Please let us know if you have any questions, concerns, or delays and we will work together with your family on your application.
The Admissions Committee reviews applications in the order they come in. Candidates are reviewed on a regular basis in order to come to an admissions decision regarding the applicant’s completed application. Thank you to all of the students who have submitted their applications. In rare cases, we will review applications after our closing date.
A nominator is an adult other than a parent who knows the applicant well and can testify that he or she would be a positive member of the Beacon Academy community. Encourage students to apply to Beacon by making a nomination. Contact the school directly in order to nominate a student or find out more information on how you can make an impact on a student’s life!
It is highly recommended that students interested in Beacon Academy visit at some point during their application process. Please check back here for when we schedule Open Houses for the upcoming school year. If you would like to schedule an individual visit to the school, please contact our Program Associate, Melody Rosas-Granda via phone (617-423-2266) or email (email@example.com)
Note: We will continue to monitor the coronavirus outbreak and adjust all future prospective student visits/on-campus Admissions Events as needed. Please check this page for regular updates and/changes. Please email us if you would like to set up a phone/Zoom appointment. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Beacon Academy’s tuition is $39,000. Because of our needs-based scholarship program, we are able to provide financial aid grants that meet 100% of our families’ demonstrated need. It is very important to us that each family makes a financial investment in the total cost of this opportunity. We will work with you individually to determine a figure that is equitable based on your financial circumstances.
Families will be expected to complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). The PFS is used by schools across the country to help assess families’ financial aid needs. To access the PFS, visit the National Association of Independent Schools’ (NAIS) School and Student Services (SSS) website. SSS uses the income and asset information in the financial aid application itself to assess the family situation and automatically applies a waiver if the family qualifies.
The financial aid program is open to students of any race, creed, and national or ethnic origin. A candidate’s request for financial aid does not affect his/her chances for admission. Decisions regarding admission and financial aid are made separately. Due to processing times, it is necessary to apply for financial aid at the same time you apply for admission to Beacon Academy. Families will receive notification on financial aid when they receive notification on admission to Beacon Academy.
For all additional questions or further assistance with your application, please contact our Program Associate, Melody Rosas-Granda at firstname.lastname@example.org or via call/text to 617-4-BEACON (617-423-2266).