It is so worth it. Apply now.
Beacon takes chances on the kids we admit. We look at more than just those with the best test scores and the highest grades. With specially tailored assessment tools and interviewing techniques, we gauge each applicant’s ability and potential and then see past rough situations to the individual behind the circumstances and the zip code. The faculty seems able to decipher the personal attributes of grit, curiosity, conscientiousness, optimism and perseverance that indicate strength of character. It’s hard to quantify, but our skilled professionals have been in the education and social work worlds long enough to be able to tell who can make it in this demanding environment that requires straddling two worlds.
To begin receiving information regarding upcoming Beacon Academy Admission events, call/text us at 617-4-BEACON (617-423-2266) or fill out the Request Information form.
Thank you to everyone who has attended our Open Houses throughout the year. Please check back here for updates on upcoming Open Houses. You will RSVP by clicking here and filling out a form for each member in your party attending (use a separate email address per person that you register!)
Admissions Update: At this time, we have reached full capacity for the Beacon Academy Class of 2021, and are no longer accepting new applications. If you have questions about an existing application, please contact Melody Rosas-Granda at email@example.com. Please feel free to inquire for our Class of 2022. Thank you so much for your interest in Beacon Academy.
- Step 1: Student Inquiry Form
- Click on Inquiry Form to officially begin your Beacon Academy Application.
- Please note: You will receive an automatic email with links to a previous version of the Beacon Academy Application. As we have fully transitioned to using the SAO (see below), those links are no longer active and we ask that you follow the directions below. Thank you for your patience and flexibility.
- Step 2: Standard Application Online (SAO) Please note that the SAO and SSAT are done through the same website at SSAT.org. The profile you create on the SAO, is the same login you will use to register for the SSAT should you need to take that exam. If you want to be registered for the SSAT, we are able to take care of that, simply let us know!
- Visit ssat.org and click on “Apply to Schools”
- In the drop-down menu that appears, select “The Standard Application Online”
- You will be brought to a page titled, “The Standard Application Online Advantage”
- Click on the Orange Circle that says “Get Started with the SAO”
- You will be asked to sign in or “Sign up for a Parent/Guardian and Student Account”
- Fill out the corresponding information; make sure to add “Beacon Academy” to your list of schools
- The SAO for Beacon Academy requires that you submit the following documents:
- Student Profile
- Parent Statement
- Student Essays
- Recommendation Letters (English, Math, Principal/Guidance Counselor, Advisor)- The advisor can be any additional non-related adult (i.e. Coach, Mentor, person who recommended Beacon to you, etc.) that knows the student well.
- Please note: You will be asked to submit payment before submitting the form. Contact Melody Rosas-Granda at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive your fee waiver and finishing submitting the application- NO APPLICANT SHOULD PAY THE SAO FEE.
- Step 3: SSAT Exam
- All applicants are expected to take the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). These tests are administered by Beacon Academy (at Simmons College) and at various test sites around Massachusetts. Register for the SSAT by contacting your current school or Beacon Academy, or by registering directly through the SSAT website. Our Test Center Code is 1526.
- On your SAO profile, please register for the SSAT by clicking the “SSAT Testing” tab. Please contact Melody Rosas-Granda at email@example.com for a fee waiver. You will receive an email explaining how to use your fee waiver code- NO APPLICANT SHOULD PAY THE SSAT FEE.
- Step 4: Parent Financial Status (PFS)
- Please visit the School & Student Service Website at https://www.solutionsbysss.com/
- Select “Website for Parents and Families”
- Click on “Login to Complete or Update your PFS”
- A new tab will open with 2 options:
- New User: Create a New Account
- Are you a returning family with an existing account?
- Choose Option 1 or 2 and fill out the corresponding information
- Make sure to select “Beacon Academy” in the school list in order to receive the information.
- When filling out the PFS, please have with you the relevant 2018 Tax Forms (W2, 1040, 1099, etc.) You will be required to upload these at the very end of the process.
- Please note: You will be asked to submit payment before submitting the form. Qualifying families will simply bypass all payment screens when the PFS is complete. Contact Melody Rosas-Granda at firstname.lastname@example.org if your family does not qualify to receive a fee waiver- NO APPLICANT SHOULD PAY THE PFS FEE. Once you have submitted the PFS, you will then be allowed to upload the required supplemental documents.
- Step 5: Interview
- Upon completion of Steps 1-4, the candidate’s application will be reviewed and may be asked to come in for an in-person interview with our Admissions Committee.
The Admissions Committee reviews applications in the order they come in. Candidates are reviewed on a regular basis in order to come to an admissions decision regarding the applicant’s completed application. Thank you to all of the students who have submitted their applications. In rare cases, we will review applications after our closing date.
A nominator is an adult other than a parent who knows the applicant well and can testify that he or she would be a positive member of the Beacon Academy community. Encourage students to apply to Beacon by making a nomination. Contact the school directly in order to nominate a student or find out more information on how you can make an impact on a student’s life!
It is highly recommended that students interested in Beacon Academy visit at some point during their application process. Please check back here for when we schedule Open Houses for the upcoming school year. If you would like to schedule an individual visit to the school, please contact our Program Associate, Melody Rosas-Granda via phone (617-423-2266) or email (email@example.com)
Note: As of March 16, 2020, we will postpone all prospective student visits as we monitor the coronavirus outbreak. Please email us if you would like to set up a phone appointment. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Beacon Academy’s tuition is $39,000. Because of our needs-based scholarship program, we are able to provide financial aid grants that meet 100% of our families’ demonstrated need. It is very important to us that each family makes a financial investment in the total cost of this opportunity. We will work with you individually to determine a figure that is equitable based on your financial circumstances.
Families will be expected to complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). The PFS is used by schools across the country to help assess families’ financial aid needs. To access the PFS, visit the National Association of Independent Schools’ (NAIS) School and Student Services (SSS) website. SSS uses the income and asset information in the financial aid application itself to assess the family situation and automatically applies a waiver if the family qualifies.
The financial aid program is open to students of any race, creed, and national or ethnic origin. A candidate’s request for financial aid does not affect his/her chances for admission. Decisions regarding admission and financial aid are made separately. Due to processing times, it is necessary to apply for financial aid at the same time you apply for admission to Beacon Academy. Families will receive notification on financial aid when they receive notification on admission to Beacon Academy.
For all additional questions or further assistance with your application, please contact our Program Associate, Melody Rosas-Granda at firstname.lastname@example.org or via call/text to 617-4-BEACON (617-423-2266).